A new type of human coronavirus has recently been detected in Wuhan, Hubei Province and several other cities. As of 22nd, January 16:11 CST, 443 cases have been confirmed and 151 suspected cases were officially reported in China. Given this status and the characteristics of human infection, this letter is hereby sent to parents to help control and prevent pneumonia during the Winter Holiday. Please pay attention to this letter and take the following measures:
• Avoid traveling to Wuhan and other areas affected by the epidemic.
• Pay close attention to the epidemic, cautiously arrange your travel plan; and if you have to travel to affected cities, please wear masks and keep travel records.
• Pay close attention to the epidemic while traveling abroad with your family. Make sure to measure and monitor your body temperature for two days at home upon your return.
• Pay attention to official information and do not believe rumors.
Maintain and monitor your personal hygiene procedures including:
• Wash hands with soap and running water or alcohol-based hand sanitizers frequently.
• Avoid close contact with farm or wild animals.
• Eat thoroughly cooked meat and eggs.
• Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue.
• Make sure that shared spaces have good air flow and avoid going to crowded places such as hospitals, railway stations and airports. Wear a mask if transport or movement is necessary.
• Avoid close contact with people who have flu or cold-like symptoms.
• Get enough sleep.
We take this opportunity to wish all students and families a healthy, safe and happy Chinese New Year!